Criminal Defense Attorney for Drug Charges in New Jersey
Michael J. Beatrice, Attorney at Law, has over 40 years of experience as both a prosecutor and defense attorney for drug charges in New Jersey, and has handled all types of drug offense cases. His unique legal perspective gives him an edge that helps him to develop creative and effective defense strategies to achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
Types of Drug Charges in New Jersey
Penalties for possession of a controlled substance vary according to the type of drug and the amount of the drug in your possession, and may include:
- Possession of Less Than 50 Grams of Marijuana
- Possession of More Than 50 Grams of Marijuana
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Simple Possession of Unauthorized Prescription Drugs
- Possession of Narcotics or Controlled Dangerous Substances, which may include cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine, LSD, ecstasy, GBH, and all other illegal substances.
Manufacturing, Distributing, or Possessing with Intent to Distribute can include drug trafficking charges and come with very stiff penalties, depending on the type and amount of drugs found in the defendant’s possession. These crimes may lead to substantial prison time and hefty fines and can affect your ability to get a job or housing for the rest of your life.
Criminal Defense for Drug Charges in New Jersey
Penalties can range from drug education and rehabilitation to lengthy prison sentences and substantial fines. For minor drug charges, criminal prosecution can sometimes be avoided by applying for New Jersey’s Pre-Trial Intervention (PTI) Program, a Conditional Discharge which can allow you to get the treatment you need without having to face jail time.
Because of his vast experience as both a prosecutor and criminal defense attorney, Michael J. Beatrice is a skilled negotiator and may be able to get drug charges reduced or dismissed altogether. If your case goes to trial, he will provide an aggressive defense and ensure that:
- The evidence against you is thoroughly reviewed and investigated for possible police misconduct.
- All facts of the case are investigated to get the whole story.
- Your case is presented clearly and effectively to a judge and/or jury.
Michael J. Beatrice is a defense attorney who will fight for your rights and ensure you get the legal representation you deserve. For a free telephone consultation, contact Michael J. Beatrice, Attorney at Law, at 201-512-8200.